kodachromeproject.com Forums  

Go Back   kodachromeproject.com Forums > Main Category > Kodachrome, The Film

Old 04-21-2012, 07:45 AM

sdkodachrome is on a distinguished road
Default 5-roll boxes?

My most recent Adorama E100G 35mm order was back to normal bricks (individual film boxes shrink wrapped into groups of 10), but my to next-to-last order came in 5-roll boxes I hadn't seen before. Inside these long boxes (of similar cardboard and similar graphics as single-roll boxes) are 5 rolls in plastic canisters with with labels pasted on that have only a number (in this case #1884576) and a barcode.

While searching eBay this morning, I happened upon a picture of these same kind of 5-roll long boxes in a listing from the UK:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KODAK-E100G-...-/290697535307

Are these used in the US, or did Adorama get some UK stock that week?

And how long have these been around? Was Kodachrome ever packaged in such 5-roll boxes?
Old 04-21-2012, 08:14 AM

KR4myF2AS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkodachrome View Post
My most recent Adorama E100G 35mm order was back to normal bricks (individual film boxes shrink wrapped into groups of 10), but my to next-to-last order came in 5-roll boxes I hadn't seen before. Inside these long boxes (of similar cardboard and similar graphics as single-roll boxes) are 5 rolls in plastic canisters with with labels pasted on that have only a number (in this case #1884576) and a barcode.

While searching eBay this morning, I happened upon a picture of these same kind of 5-roll long boxes in a listing from the UK:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KODAK-E100G-...-/290697535307

Are these used in the US, or did Adorama get some UK stock that week?

And how long have these been around? Was Kodachrome ever packaged in such 5-roll boxes?
Odd: My most recent order from Adorama (50 rolls of E100G and 25 rolls of E100VS) was packaged the same way. Manufacturing information, however, was the same as on my earlier orders (Made in the USA, Assembled in Mexico). I see no indication on the case that the film was intended for any specific market (i.e. the usual multilingual legalese and product info is on the outside of the packaging). The only odd thing, if you will, is that - in my case, anyway - I received older product than on earlier orders (all film - both emulsions - has a process before 02/2013 vs 09/2013 dating on my earlier orders). No biggie, really; the film will be shot and sent to Dwayne's well before that date! Still something of a curiosity. Like you, SD, I have never seen these available in the North American market before. In fact, the only place I have ever seen them is on ebay. And there, if memory serves, the sellers were either from Europe or Asia. Perhaps demand is greater here, and product is being "re-routed" to answer the demands of the North American market? I am sending in another order next week (50 E100G and 25 E100VS); I will be curious as to whether or not I receive standard bricks or the five-roll tubes...i
Old 04-21-2012, 01:14 PM

sdkodachrome is on a distinguished road

Yes, I'd forgotten to mention that my 5-roll boxes of E100G from Adorama also came dated 02/2013 expiration, while the previous single-box 10-box-per-brick order was dated 09/2013.

My very latest Adorama order of E100G, which was shipped less than a week ago (it sat back-ordered through last weekend) was dated 01/2014 (the first time I'd seen an expiration date into 2014 on Ektachrome).
Old 04-30-2012, 09:17 AM

KR4myF2AS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkodachrome View Post
Yes, I'd forgotten to mention that my 5-roll boxes of E100G from Adorama also came dated 02/2013 expiration, while the previous single-box 10-box-per-brick order was dated 09/2013.

My very latest Adorama order of E100G, which was shipped less than a week ago (it sat back-ordered through last weekend) was dated 01/2014 (the first time I'd seen an expiration date into 2014 on Ektachrome).
I just received my last order from Adorama this am. Like yours, my E100G is process before 01/2014; the E100VS, however, is still process before 09/2013. I wonder if the 01/2014 batch is the last run of the Ektachrome line? As well, I am curious re Kodak's support of E6 chemistry: Is production of E6 chemistry by EK "matched" in any way to amount of Ektachrome still on the market?

Last edited by KR4myF2AS; 04-30-2012 at 09:21 AM.