kodachromeproject.com Forums  

Go Back   kodachromeproject.com Forums > The Kodachrome Project..

Old 04-06-2012, 08:30 PM

the Kodachrome Kidd is on a distinguished road
Question Greetings Dan-Any News???

Greetings Dan-I caught that post which hinted you may have some news from "Your web guy" So,Any News to report which would give us a glimmer of hope in regards to Kodachrome??? I am hoping you may have a bit of good news
Old 04-24-2012, 11:38 PM

KR4myF2AS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardE View Post
Guess this forum is more-or-less dead...very few postings now, and any ideas of reviving K-14 processing seem to have come to nothing. Fun while it lasted, but time to move on?
I stand by my later remarks, RichardE, regarding both the resurrection of "K14" (although I confess that I really thought that the KLab project would eventually be "a go") as well as the ongoing interest in things Kodachrome. It has been interesting to see the number of folks who admit to having a stash of Kodachrome sitting in the freezer awaiting... As well, it is worth noting, again, the increasing membership rolls of "the kodachromeproject." Some no doubt are interested in nostalgia, some simply curious; others, however, judging by the attention paid to particular threads, have an ongoing interest in the resurrection (resumption?) of color processing... As I stated in a darker hour, if you can put a man (sic) on the moon with the equivalent of a Commodore 64, there are no impossibilities.

Last edited by KR4myF2AS; 04-24-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:26 PM

the Kodachrome Kidd is on a distinguished road
Cool Any News Dan???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_KR64 View Post
It's pretty quiet, so I have plans in that regard. Lately, I have been watching the situation at Kodak closely. Give me a month or so, I am talking to my web guy...
Hello Dan-Any news from Kodak? It has been longer than a month and i,for one am waiting for a glimmer of hope from the "Great Yellow Father".So,what gives???
Old 05-06-2012, 06:26 AM

Chris Sweetman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR4myF2AS View Post
As I stated in a darker hour, if you can put a man (sic) on the moon with the equivalent of a Commodore 64, there are no impossibilities.
But even with greater technology we haven't repeated this act!

Carry on dreaming - there is no harm in that.

For me I have moved on. It was fun using my OM system loaded with KR64 during 2010. I managed to use all my Kodachrome and got the slides to prove it.

For me my Kodachrome Project will continue with scanning in the best of these slides and then uploading them somewhere. Hopefully, this site will be the repository for our efforts in digitalising our Kodachrome slides for an audience that no-one could have imagined ten years ago.

One day I will purchase a full-frame DSLR that I will be able to use my OM lenses with (albeit with a suitable adaptor) and still maintain a tangible link with my past analogue experiences.

Until funds put this into reality I am happy using my D200, G9 and I might purchase some print film to use in my OM bodies.

Chris
Old 10-03-2012, 11:26 PM

kevs is on a distinguished road

On my first visit here in a few months I see that a spammer has arrived... I've reported it but Dan probably has other fish to fry. Ah welll...

Perhaps this could become a more general photography forum, but there are plenty of those around so I guess not. When everything's been said about Kodachrome, what else is there to say? Alas, this forum slips into the internet's twilight zone, just like the film it commemorates. Happy days...
Old 10-05-2012, 04:48 AM

RichardE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevs View Post
On my first visit here in a few months I see that a spammer has arrived... I've reported it but Dan probably has other fish to fry. Ah welll...

Perhaps this could become a more general photography forum, but there are plenty of those around so I guess not. When everything's been said about Kodachrome, what else is there to say? Alas, this forum slips into the internet's twilight zone, just like the film it commemorates. Happy days...
I have to think you're correct.

I started this thread nearly a year ago, to see if it might stir up any interest in a forum which seemed to be dieing then. But, as you say, everything's been said, with no news of any viable revival of K-14 after nearly two years.
Remaining stocks of Kodachrome sleep quietly in freezers and cupboards as they gently deteriorate into museum pieces, and even Dan has made only one blog this year, which contained little of relevence to Kodachrome (sorry, not being critical).

Now that Ektachrome has gone, I'm back to C-41 and B&W, scanned for printing, which is working happily. So, bye-bye Kodachrome and the forum....and hope that the spammers don't take over.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:05 AM

KR4myF2AS is on a distinguished road

I confess, too, that absent further word from our friend Kittlegraphy, interest in this site, at least in terms of new and relevant postings, has fallen off the cliff. That said, we do seem to continue to accumulate new members. Perhaps we are only taking a hiatus?

Absent any development in the K-14 arena, I have continued to shoot ever more black and white, both in 2 1/4 and 35mm. As well, having accumulated a s**t-load of E100G and E100VS (again in both formats) I am about to return to my "Kodachrome Project," finishing off an admittedly incomplete effort over the course of the next two years. Once my Ektachrome supply is exhausted, I will weigh out my options in terms of what Fuji has available. Most likely, though, given recent developments, that will probably be the end of the line for my analogue colo(u)r work.

As far as the deterioration of my Kodachrome stash goes, I think at -20C (give or take) - it will take a while. That said, I will most likely start shooting and processing the stuff as black and white sometime towards the end of 2014 (yeah, I am a patient individual...). Still, Kittlegraphy, as far as I know, seems intent on getting his K-lab up and running...time will tell.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:58 PM

lxdude is on a distinguished road

Your Kodachrome will keep a long, long time at at -20 degrees!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:25 AM

Clay is on a distinguished road

Things are a bit slow on the forums right now. I hope everybody is out shooting
film instead of staring at a screen. I'm sure when any news breaks we will be
notified here first. I check a couple of times a week. Lot of spam for sex aids
though, ha! I just got back into medium format after about 30 years. Someday
120/220 Kodachrome from the chemists in the back room? Keep shooting what
is available.

Best regards,

/Clay
Old 10-07-2012, 05:17 PM

kevs is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately there's been a bit too much 'staring at the screen' around here lately, and I think that will sum up my winter as far as photography is concerned. I have a shed load load of my father's negatives I want to digitally archive, so once the garden is 'put to bed' for the year, it's scanner and screen for me.

However, I've recently been getting back into my darkroom and start making some prints, even small ones on RC paper. And I'm thinking of making a short series of still-lifes of things I grow in my garden - at least that might start making me feel creative again. First though, I must purchase some FP4 Plus from those wonderful people in Mobberley... It ain't Kodachrome but it'll do! I'd just love to be able to load 120 Kodachrome into my Bronica... *le sigh*

Cheers,
kevs

Last edited by kevs; 10-07-2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: sp;