kodachromeproject.com Forums  

Go Back   kodachromeproject.com Forums > The Kodachrome Project..

Old 02-01-2011, 06:34 PM

ZoneV is on a distinguished road
Default A Personal Project on Kodachrome - Copywork

My last hours with Kodachrome were spent peering through a chimney finder with cable release in hand, hovering over a copystand equipped with a Nikon F3. The 55/3.5 non-AI Nikkor lens was stopped down to around f/11 and was focused one-by-one on some of the more important old photographs belonging to my family. The film which recorded the light used for copying these photographs was Kodachrome 40, type A, a long-discontinued variety of Kodachrome. Each time the lens was focused on a picture, that scene came to life in my mind. I was archiving the photographs onto Kodachrome. This was one of the many positive uses of Kodachrome.

Last edited by ZoneV; 02-01-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:29 PM

uwphotoer is on a distinguished road

great choice..... an awesome use of that version of Kodachrome.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:23 AM

accozzaglia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneV View Post
My last hours with Kodachrome were spent peering through a chimney finder with cable release in hand, hovering over a copystand equipped with a Nikon F3. The 55/3.5 non-AI Nikkor lens was stopped down to around f/11 and was focused one-by-one on some of the more important old photographs belonging to my family. The film which recorded the light used for copying these photographs was Kodachrome 40, type A, a long-discontinued variety of Kodachrome. Each time the lens was focused on a picture, that scene came to life in my mind. I was archiving the photographs onto Kodachrome. This was one of the many positive uses of Kodachrome.
Brilliant.

A "show of force": get the "Forever Kodachrome: 1935–2010" camera bag button-pin
"What was lost in Kodachrome was less about an object — film — and more about what one could create with that medium. Like taking oil from Monet."