kodachromeproject.com Forums  

Go Back   kodachromeproject.com Forums > The Kodachrome Project..

Old 02-23-2011, 06:20 PM

JBA is on a distinguished road

Oops, that was my next to last batch.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:30 PM

Sort of at a loss now that I no longer have Kodachrome to shoot. I've been shooting lots of Tri-X, and have set in stores of Astia 100F and Neopan 1600 (both doomed films) and Provia 400. Disconcertingly, the cost of developing E6 slide films with scans here in Tokyo has become ridiculously expensive. I've calculated that it will be cheaper to continue to send my slides to Dwayne's for processing rather than getting them done locally. It's a bit disconcerting.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:29 PM

Brian Kim is on a distinguished road

I have TMax 100 loaded, and yellow filters on my 35mm and 85mm. But I also have E200 and E100G in the freezer.

We'll see.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:26 PM

I still haven't sorted and uploaded all my Kodachromes, but am slowly getting it done. The current situation in Japan has somewhat distracted me.

Blondie and I went to the States for a week in early March and bought ourselves a lovely waterfront house in Maine. The earthquake and tsunami struck the morning of the day we were to fly back to Tokyo. We flew back the following day. Things in Tokyo are nearly back to normal except for the frequent aftershocks and the nuclear power plant situation, which is either showing little improvement or getting worse. Nobody seems to know, which is quite disconcerting. I'm actually starting to have nightmares about it.

In photographic news, I've been at a bit of a loss photographically since the end of Kodachrome, and have not been shooting nearly as much in spite of having a decent stock of various types of film. The other day, I got back a dozen rolls of B&W but have not had much chance to look through them. Yesterday, I bought a black Nikomat EL as a sister camera to my nearly mint ELW for a mere 4000 yen, or just under $50. Loaded it up with Fomapan 100 and mounted the Zeiss 85 1.4 this morning, so perhaps that will provide some inspiration.

More news as and when.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:05 AM

Default Whatever happened to what's-his-name?

It's been about seven years since the last post on this ancient thread. Since then, Blondie & I moved from Tokyo to the Maine coast in 2011. We've been married over six years now.

As for photography, Provia 100F is my film of preference both in 35mm & 120. It gets my nomination as a worthy successor to Kodachrome. I even find it much more versatile. Though I've also embraced digital, film remains my preferred medium. I'm still sending my film to Dwayne's for processing. I scan using a Plustek OpticFilm 120.

Since moving here, I've been given cameras or acquired them cheaply, starting with German 120 folding cameras spanning the '30s to the '50s in a range of formats. Part of the learning curve with these antique cameras involved using them to shoot sailing regattas from a moving boat. Since then, sailing photography has become my specialty.

That's a brief update as a follow-up to my last post on this forum. Nice to see it back.