kodachromeproject.com Forums  

Go Back   kodachromeproject.com Forums > The Kodachrome Project..

Old 02-03-2011, 03:39 PM

Chris Sweetman is on a distinguished road

I only know of one person that I have seen face to face - RichardE from this forum!

A few cameras I have are loaded with film and ready to go! Just need the right day to go out and do it.

Last year I joined the Royal Photographic Society and managed to attend a few meetings with one of their groups. They fondly remember film but have all moved on to digital.

Chris
Old 02-03-2011, 04:52 PM

kevinkar is on a distinguished road

I still have a roll of something in my Canon AE-1 Program but honestly don't recall how long it's been there. I need to finish the roll and see what I have. I'm pretty sure it's common Kodacolor Gold something or other. Nothing important on it.

After those rolls are done though, I doubt I'll ever use the camera or the formerly ridiculously expensive lenses again! Not unless there's a replacement back made that turns it into a digital camera and still be able to use the lenses. But I doubt that will ever happen.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:16 PM

KR4myF2AS is on a distinguished road
Default Got another one hooked

After observing the pleasure his mother, older brother and his cousin got from their hobby, my youngest nephew (15) has now decided to try his hand with the camera. To that end, his favorite? uncle set him up with an F3 and a 50mm F1.4 AIS Nikkor. Unfortunately, getting into the game late, he will have learn and hone his technique with (likely) the C41 route. I threw in five rolls of Kodak Ultramax; I'll be curious to see what he shoots. Once he has a grasp of things. I will turn him on to E100g and E100VS...
Okay... so who will be my next target...
Old 04-29-2011, 03:43 PM

Chris Sweetman is on a distinguished road

Let us hope that there will be slide film available by the time your nephew gets the hang of using C41 films.

Prices for processing E6 are going though the roof here in the UK. Plus E6 films seem to be withdrawn at an alarming rate!

If I want to continue to use colour film the only way left is the C41 route.

Cheers Chris
Old 04-30-2011, 03:00 AM

Brian Kim is on a distinguished road

I would not have guessed Inception was shot on film.

from flickr.com
http://www.flickr.com/groups/ishootf...7626612364208/

Dan D-S says:
"...
From The Dark Knight to Inception, Wally Pfister, ASC refuses to compromise
http://motion.kodak.com/US/en/motion...ster/index.htm

This is not posted as a film versus digital. I think the technical reasoning in this interview can be very useful even though this a medium we all shoot here anyhow (preaching to the converted). I found this very interesting from an artists point of view so thought I would share.
..."
Old 05-04-2011, 10:48 AM

RichardE is on a distinguished road

A couple of weeks ago (while visiting one of the preserved steam railways) I noticed two young couples with their small children...one of the Mums was
using a hand-held super-8 cine camera (Elmo?). She seemed used to the camera, taking care to line up pleasing shots, etc.

Given the cost and difficulty in getting the film now, it was good to see that one-or-two people are still interested.