kodachromeproject.com Forums  

Go Back   kodachromeproject.com Forums > The Kodachrome Project..

Old 01-19-2011, 11:36 AM

dmr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_KR64 View Post
I have wonderful plans for the site so if you think Kodachrome or the site will go quiet....stick around, the real party is about to begin!
Oh, I shiver with antici ... ... {say it} PATION!

While I will concede that commercial Kodachrome died yesterday, the whole era of Grassroots Kodachrome is just beginning, and will outlive me by decades if not centuries!

As the Semisonic line goes: "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."

Go4it Dan!
Old 01-19-2011, 12:27 PM

Maclaine is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the update, Dan. My love affair with Kodachrome started five or six years ago with my first roll of K200, and ended on December 29th last year when I wandered around my new hometown of Seattle shooting my last couple of rolls so I could overnight them to Dwayne's before the deadline. In between, your site has served as an inspiration, and I've been following your progress with great interest. I can't wait to see the final outcome of your project, and I hope it gets all the attention it deserves.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:11 PM

Dan Glynhampton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_KR64 View Post
I have wonderful plans for the site so if you think Kodachrome or the site will go quiet....stick around, the real party is about to begin!
Dan - many, many congratualtions on instigating this project and seeing it through to this stage. I'm looking forward to your posts and blog entries on shot selection for the book and show, seeing some of the images you've captured over the last year and hearing the stories of your adventures.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:16 PM

andy o is on a distinguished road

[quote=Dan_KR64;6666]At 1:36 PM on Tuesday the 18th of January, the last roll of Kodachrome ever to be processed came out of the machine....then it was turned off for good. In the last batch, 100 rolls were spliced together including my last 31 rolls that contain the last 15 frames to ever be shot that concluded at 11:40 AM. After the December 30th deadline, I went on to shoot another 2,300 frames including New Years Eve at a dive bar, hundreds of people wearing 3-D glasses at an IMAX theatre in New Years day and panoramics of jets being assembled at a plant in Wichita.

From December 26th, the lab souped 20,564 rolls of 35mm, 3,565 of 8mm and 57,655 feet of 16mm Kodachrome still and motion picture film. QUOTE]

Bloody hell, thats an enormous amount of film, i'm staggered at the amount of 8 and 16mm processed.
thought Kodak may just have the odd spare tub of soup lying around.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:24 PM

nickrapak is on a distinguished road

Dan,

In your travels through the mass of film that was Dwayne's, about how many "obsolete" rolls (110,126,828) of Kodachrome did you see?
Old 01-20-2011, 01:23 AM

JBA is on a distinguished road

Dan, I've been looking forward to your book project for quite a while now.

And thanks for inspiring me to shoot massive quantities of Kodachrome again while I still could.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:22 PM

Brian Kim is on a distinguished road

I had not shot regularly for about 20 years. Spent all my free time with personal computing. Then mid 2008, started again. And later, discovered the Kodachrome Project, and Dan's images.

Renewed my pleasure in photography. Aside from the cost, some might say initiative, ie. Kodachrome's retirement, it's been a good thing.

Thanks Dan. Good luck Dan. Take care everyone.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:04 AM

Great Beyond is on a distinguished road

So the 98 dollar question is - are we ever going to get to see Mr Dwayne and his last frame ever processed? I'm dieing to get a look!