kodachromeproject.com Forums  

Go Back   kodachromeproject.com Forums > The Kodachrome Project..

Old 01-22-2011, 05:13 PM

ZoneV is on a distinguished road
Default Will Steve McCurry's pics be in National Geo soon?

I've got an offer allowing me to subscribe to National Geographic for a year for $12. Considering that individual issues sell for $6 on the news stand, I was thinking of subscribing so I could get the issue with the photos from Steve McCurry's last roll.

Anyone know if they're planning a special Kodachrome issue this year?
Old 01-22-2011, 05:44 PM

RichardE is on a distinguished road

There was this article last year:

http://cjonline.com/news/state/2010-...roll_developed

The NG Special mentioned there will presumably be a TV program. I've not seen reference yet to anything specific planned for the magazines.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:35 AM

Dan Glynhampton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneV View Post
I've got an offer allowing me to subscribe to National Geographic for a year for $12. Considering that individual issues sell for $6 on the news stand, I was thinking of subscribing so I could get the issue with the photos from Steve McCurry's last roll.

$12 is a pretty good price for a year's subscription, so if you like the magazine anyway it's worth going for.

If you're only interested in it in case there's an article on the last roll of kodachrome then you can save yourself a few dollars as I subscribe to National Geographic and will post a message in the forum if and when an article is published, and then you can just go and buy that issue.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:47 PM

Dan Glynhampton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneV View Post
The Vanity Fair website has an article about Steve McCurry's last shoot with Kodachrome including a slideshow of almost all of the frames from the last roll:

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/fe...w-201102#intro

At the end of the article is says the National Geographic channel will screen a documentary about the shoot in the Spring - no mention of whether there will be an accompanying magzine article though.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:27 PM

andychrome is on a distinguished road

Hi Dan

Thanks for the info. It would be great if you could post in the forum if there ever any of these McCurry Kodachrome prints shown in a future National Geographic edition. I would like to buy one when it comes out.

Thanks
Andy
Old 02-19-2011, 05:03 PM

Hellashot is on a distinguished road

They are all available via the web already. I must say many are rather just ho-hum. I had heard the NG show documentary about him shooting the last roll produced should air in April or so. You can probably buy the issue on the news stand for less than $12 and read the other issues at your library not wasting more paper than necessary on printed magazines.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:39 AM

ZoneV is on a distinguished road
Default Shutterbug: my last issue

My very last issue (until I renew someday) of Shutterbug has an article on Steve McCurry shooting that last roll. This is the October 2011 issue. McCurry actually came across a Taxicab with the plate "PKR-36", and had his picture taken in front of it. Grant from Dwayne's said if it hadn't come through the processor like that, you'd think it was photoshopped.