kodachromeproject.com Forums  

Go Back   kodachromeproject.com Forums > The Kodachrome Project..

Old 07-06-2013, 07:28 PM

wlodekmj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardE View Post
Just thinking about E6 processing and having a little worry about the future of lab processing, ... As it happened, I had a second film exposed on the same day, same conditions, same camera, same film and emulsion number, exposure index on the camera unchanged, which I sent to Peak Processing in Sheffield....result, technically perfect shots! Edge markings clear and sharp, dense blacks and bright colours.
Me too, I'm worrying about lab processing, but so long as we keep sending enough E6 to Peak Processing here (and Dwayne's in the US!) I trust they will continue to keep us happy. So let's keep doing so.

My question here is - does anyone have thoughts on when should we start stocking up not on Ektachrome but on E6 chemicals for home processing? And how long do E6 chemicals last, and how should they be stored. Obviously not at -20C like the film

Thanks

Last edited by wlodekmj; 07-06-2013 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Corrected a spelling error
Old 07-15-2013, 02:37 PM

sdkodachrome is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlodekmj View Post
My question here is - does anyone have thoughts on when should we start stocking up not on Ektachrome but on E6 chemicals for home processing?
If and when Fuji announces discontinuation of all its chrome films.

That's because as long as Fuji makes a chrome film (and right now it still makes a couple different ones), the same E6 chemicals that are used to process Ektachrome need to be continue to be produced to process Fuji's chrome films, which are all also E6.

Ektachrome wasn't the last slide (chrome) film in the world, just the last one from Kodak. But unlike the film itself, there's not significant differences between E6 chemistry between Kodak E6 and Fuji E6 (and other people's E6 maybe is in the mix too?), and I bet you generally don't even know who made the E6 chemistry that your independent lab (ie, since the demise of Kodak's own processing) used for every roll of Ektachrome you had developed up through now, do you? (Gosh, do we even know if all the companies that "Kodak" E6 processing was outsourced to in the last years of its token existence used exclusively Kodak E6 chemicals?)
Old 08-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Dan_KR64 has disabled reputation

Hi folks,

I have been very busy in getting my fine art darkroom fully up to speed and have finished the edit for the book. I will be taking this book publishing workshop next month with a mentor to make the final decisions in terms of layout and approach.

This is site is a tough one, I am still not sure what to do with it and I don't know how other forum owners do it either, it's either live life looking after a forum or live life period.

Anyway, that is the update, I still hope to pull this site and the forum out of the weeds sometime this year...

Kodachrome images on Flicker

Photo.net galleries