kodachromeproject.com Forums  

Go Back   kodachromeproject.com Forums > The Kodachrome Project..

Old 08-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Dan_KR64 has disabled reputation
Default Paid site Admin and other suggestions needed...

Hi folks,

I really don't want this site to fall dead and prey to more spam as I get busy with other things, so I am wondering if someone would like to be paid a bit of money per month to help manage it and move the forum it self forward as I figure out how to revamp the site.

Please PM me and let me know if there is interest.

Kodachrome images on Flicker

Photo.net galleries
Old 09-01-2013, 07:22 PM

nzoomed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_KR64 View Post
Hi folks,

Please PM me and let me know if there is interest.
PM sent
Old 03-23-2014, 10:18 PM

Default bumping

bumping to the top
Old 04-05-2014, 02:43 PM

KR4myF2AS is on a distinguished road

So NZ, what is the status/plan re "paid administrator" position? Like many others, I, too, do not wish to see this site become moribund; it has the potential, given the breadth of knowledge/years of experience by many of the past contributors, to transition into something of an archive of Kodachrome-related information. Moreover, it would be most unfortunate if it were to be allowed to be overrun by with f*****g spammers! Speaking of which: any way to delete them?
Old 04-10-2014, 09:29 PM

wlodekmj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR4myF2AS View Post
... Like many others, I, too, do not wish to see this site become moribund; it has the potential, given the breadth of knowledge/years of experience by many of the past contributors, to transition into something of an archive of Kodachrome-related information. Moreover, it would be most unfortunate if it were to be allowed to be overrun by with f*****g spammers! Speaking of which: any way to delete them?
Hey, that's a great idea - delete the spammers, not just the spam!

Seriously, I am sure many of us agree with all the above, it would be a shame to lose this site. Would Dan agree to add a sixth forum category - something like "Life after Kodachrome" - where we could talk about recent Kodachrome-related matters? Just while we wait for Dan's book and other projects?
Old 04-21-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR4myF2AS View Post
So NZ, what is the status/plan re "paid administrator" position? Like many others, I, too, do not wish to see this site become moribund; it has the potential, given the breadth of knowledge/years of experience by many of the past contributors, to transition into something of an archive of Kodachrome-related information. Moreover, it would be most unfortunate if it were to be allowed to be overrun by with f*****g spammers! Speaking of which: any way to delete them?
I havnt heard from Dan yet, but im happy to help keep this site running and moderated, its been a target for spam for some time now, but i want to see the visits increase here, the actitivy seems to have died down rather quickly after kodachrome ceased processing.
Now lets turn that around, and i like the suggestion of adding a life after kodachrome category to this forum.
Perhaps we could incorporate the kodachrome wiki onto the kodachrome project site also?
I would like to see if Photo Engineer is able to contribute to the wiki for those that are interested.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:50 PM

wlodekmj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzoomed View Post
I havnt heard from Dan yet, but im happy to help keep this site running and moderated, its been a target for spam for some time now, but i want to see the visits increase here, the actitivy seems to have died down rather quickly after kodachrome ceased processing.
Now lets turn that around, and i like the suggestion of adding a life after kodachrome category to this forum.
Perhaps we could incorporate the kodachrome wiki onto the kodachrome project site also?
I would like to see if Photo Engineer is able to contribute to the wiki for those that are interested.
Unfortunately, we have had no follow-up to the above - will Dan accept this offer? In fact, there's been nothing added to the forum for over a month. Yet I am sure many of us keep coming back to see if there's something new.

So I'll come back to my suggestion of a "Life after Kodachrome" thread. This is the Kodachrome Forum, so it shouldn't be a detailed discussion of other films or other types of photography, but surely we could say what we are using now, or what we are doing with our exposed and processed Kodachrome.

I wondered if it should be called "Life without Kodachrome", but we are not without Kodachrome - we still have Kodachrome - just that it is processed - and that is what the Project was also about - what we do with our processed Kodachrome to remember Kodachrome.

So, as no-one else has done it, I'll start such a thread. I'll keep it in "The Kodachrome Project" category, since - for me at least - it is where the Kodachrome Project has taken me next.