kodachromeproject.com Forums  

Go Back   kodachromeproject.com Forums > Main Category > Kodachrome, The Film

Old 10-29-2011, 11:34 AM

KR4myF2AS is on a distinguished road
Default An open letter to Dan Bayer

Dan,

I noticed on your blog some time back that you had made mention that workshops were a possibility at some point in the future. Have you given the matter any further consideration? Given the size of the KP community that you have created I would suggest that you would find a receptive audience for such an undertaking; it would be no stretch, I believe, to suggest that many of us on the site share your philosophy vis-a-vis photography.
At the risk of some forwardness, I would offer the suggestion of a workshop at Kodachrome State Park as an inaugural effort. The choice of that locale would, I think, seem apropos: a gathering of the "true believers" as it were. Thereafter, workshops could be held in an almost inexhaustible number of possible locales; national and state/provincial parks, great cities such as Vancouver, Montreal, Quebec City, Boston, New York, New Orleans, San Francisco, Chicago and others.
Any thoughts Dan? Perhaps something to consider for your 2012 plans...
Comments from the KP community?
Old 11-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Dan_KR64 has disabled reputation

Funny you mention this...

I am putting a business plan together in that we will have a "pub" style hangout in the very international and artistically driven town of Aspen, where I live. In short order, you could sign up for a workshop, come back and develop and print your work. Or, you could be in town for a week of skiing, come in and rent a Hasselblad, Nikon, etc and then use our lab to develop and print your own film.

You could also get a latte and flop into one of the comfy couches or bean bag chairs and peruse a coffee table book, current issue of PDN, look at the current show on the walls, etc.

But either way, I aim to bring back real photography to a town in which the people who come to visit are stunned to find out that not even Anderson Ranch Arts center offers real film and darkroom workshops.

I think this could work and it is exactly the kind of thing that needs to happen to keep people interested in using film...

Kodachrome images on Flicker

Photo.net galleries
Old 11-04-2011, 07:04 PM

KR4myF2AS is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a winner! I will definitely be one of the first to sign up! Any excuse to go to Colorado is welcome; the opportunity to do some shooting has to be near the top of the list. I still think, however, that a Kodachrome State Park shoot needs to figure somewhere into the mix...

Cheers,

BLK
Old 01-13-2012, 05:52 PM

AndrewKirkby is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_KR64 View Post
Funny you mention this...

I am putting a business plan together in that we will have a "pub" style hangout in the very international and artistically driven town of Aspen, where I live. In short order, you could sign up for a workshop, come back and develop and print your work. Or, you could be in town for a week of skiing, come in and rent a Hasselblad, Nikon, etc and then use our lab to develop and print your own film.

You could also get a latte and flop into one of the comfy couches or bean bag chairs and peruse a coffee table book, current issue of PDN, look at the current show on the walls, etc.

But either way, I aim to bring back real photography to a town in which the people who come to visit are stunned to find out that not even Anderson Ranch Arts center offers real film and darkroom workshops.

I think this could work and it is exactly the kind of thing that needs to happen to keep people interested in using film...

Hi Dan,

That sounds like a fantastic business model. Aspen is an ideal location - i'm an avid skier

Keep us updated as to your intentions. I'd definitely be interested.

Regards,

Andrew