kodachromeproject.com Forums  

Go Back   kodachromeproject.com Forums > Main Category > Kodachrome, The Film

Old 01-02-2013, 08:47 PM

lxdude is on a distinguished road
Default Happy Holidays

I hope everyone had a great holiday season, and 2013 will be a prosperous year for you all.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:34 PM

Chris Sweetman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
I hope everyone had a great holiday season, and 2013 will be a prosperous year for you all.
Thank you Ixdude and a Happy 2013 to you also.

Chris
Old 11-30-2013, 11:50 AM

Chris Sweetman is on a distinguished road

Well we are now about to enter the final month of 2013 and I haven’t exposed any film yet!

Has anyone else?

Chris
Old 12-10-2013, 07:16 PM

wlodekmj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sweetman View Post
Well we are now about to enter the final month of 2013 and I havenít exposed any film yet!

Has anyone else?

Chris
I have been happily shooting lots (for an amateur) of E6 film this year, in the hope of reliving the enjoyment of Kodachrome, at least occasionally. Most of this is discontinued film, of which I have built up a collection. Of all the films I have used, I have found that Ektachrome 100 SW has given me the most "wow". Sadly, this is a film that Kodak discontinued well before Kodachrome, 10 years ago, so only well stored stock still gives really good results. Fortunately there is still some around. Best Wishes to everyone here, who plans to continue, or restart, slide shooting in 2014!
Old 12-10-2013, 11:27 PM

KR4myF2AS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well we are now about to enter the final month of 2013 and I havenít exposed any film yet!

Has anyone else?

Chris
As of this writing, I have around 90 rolls of E6 (35mm E100G/VS and 120 E100G) sitting in my freezer waiting to go off to Dwayne's; the lot (as well as what I shoot during the remainder of this month) will be off to Parsons early in the New Year (post seasonal rush). In addition, I have around 60-odd rolls of Tri-X/HP5 in 35mm and 40-plus rolls of PanF+ and FP4+ in 120 waiting to be souped in my home darkroom. The backlog in black and white work is the end result of a drier than normal "Rainy Season" here on the Left Coast. Normally I would have the year's black and white negative processing done by now and have turned my efforts to printing. Instead, I am greeted by several Ziplock bags of exposed film every time I open my freezer door.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:15 AM

RichardE is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Has anyone else?

Chris
The need for major surgery has prevented our holiday travels during 2013, so shooting has been confined to a few days and weekends. Not many films in number, but a mix of a few E6, C41 and B&W, and leaving some time to catch up on scanning and printing (still quite a lot of Kodachromes to work through!).

Better hopes and resolutions for 2014's photography.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:47 PM

hujev is on a distinguished road
Default 2013 film balance

I've shot a lot of film off/on in 2013; a ton of b/w in the winter, some chrome and ektar off/on summer and fall. Busy with fieldwork (botany) in summer so not much shooting except with little digicams.

But in the end since I got a few deals on various stashes of film earlier in the year, I think I end the year with more film than I started, and acquired in 2013 more than I shot in 2013. I bought a film freezer, too, which is great since much of my film is old and now I have room for food (or more film) in the freezer in my fridge!

Finally got around to developing most of my backlog of c41 and e6 a month or two ago - in two long weekends developed ~150 rolls; mostly 35, some 120.

So at least in that category, I end 2013 with far less shot & undeveloped film than I started!

Planning to shoot and print a lot of b/w again this winter.

Thinking of maybe buying one of those new plustek 120 scanners in a few months, in case they don't last long...

Last edited by hujev; 12-11-2013 at 03:52 PM. Reason: it's always easier to proofread when it's 'final'
Old 12-22-2013, 08:37 PM

nzoomed is on a distinguished road

Ive got about 3 rolls of unprocessed Elitechrome (2 in the fridge and 1 in the camera) ready to get processed, sadly E6 processing is becoming harder to find here in New Zealand...
Old 12-29-2013, 04:52 PM

Prest_64 is on a distinguished road
Default 2014

I hope 2014 will be a better year for all!

I haven't shot much film this year. University keeps me quite busy. I did have some Kodachromes and other film scanned and did a modest printing batch.
Also, I finished an elitechrome roll that was taking too long to be shot and it got replaced (in the camera ) for portra.

Resolutions:
For the bad... Our family's income might drain and photographic plans would then fall on a second plane... And that would leave me until 2016 with a hindered activity (that is 0) on film.
If it goes right, I'd love to get me some Medium format and shoot some great slides on it.

And I hope Dan gets to publish the book soon, last time I asked (September) he was about done with the editing, and publishing was the hardest part to be done.

It seems quite close the day when 2010 became 2011... 3 years ago?! Tempus fugit!