kodachromeproject.com Forums  

Go Back   kodachromeproject.com Forums > Main Category > Kodachrome, The Film

Old 03-10-2012, 12:18 PM

sdkodachrome is on a distinguished road
Default as Kodak exits Chrome (reversal films), Lomography enters???

As far as I can tell, this is new. (But it appears to slightly predate Kodak's Ektachrome / Elite Chrome discontinuation announcement.)
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...5mm_Color.html
It claims that it's designed for either C-41 or E-6, with the "cross-processing" difference being color intensity, not color shift.

Is it one film designed to replace both E100G and E100VS, with which one you get dependent on which way you process it (rather than which one you buy)?

But is it really a new film? Lomography:
http://www.lomography.com/about
doesn't seem to be a manufacturer. (They describe themselves thus: "Lomography is a Magazine, a Shop, and a Community dedicated to analogue photography.")

So who actually makes this? Is it the same as some film we know by another name (repackaged and repurposed), or indeed unique?
Old 03-15-2012, 04:26 PM

wlodekmj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkodachrome View Post
As far as I can tell, this is new. (But it appears to slightly predate Kodak's Ektachrome / Elite Chrome discontinuation announcement.)
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...5mm_Color.html

But is it really a new film? Lomography ... doesn't seem to be a manufacturer. (They describe themselves thus: "Lomography is a Magazine, a Shop, and a Community dedicated to analogue photography.")

So who actually makes this? Is it the same as some film we know by another name (repackaged and repurposed), or indeed unique?
I checked* Lomography's X-Pro 100 and X-Pro 200 late in 2011. The X-Pro 100 was repackaged EliteChrome 100 and X-Pro 200 was repackaged Rollei Digibase 200.

So presumably once Lomography run out, they'll have to buy from Fuji - there is no one else. And Fujichromes do not cross-process the way people seem to like. They'll be stuck or they'll have to find a new manufacturer.

*How did I check? I bought some of each film, and exposed them in parallel with several other types of slide film, using multiple camera bodies and several different subjects. Then I compared the developed images and the edge markings.