Old 05-18-2013, 07:46 AM

sdkodachrome is on a distinguished road
Default Kodak sellling film division

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...nclick_check=1
Old 07-26-2013, 03:37 AM

nzoomed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkodachrome View Post
OK, so is this going to be good news or bad news?
Will their film still be branded as Kodak?
Will this mean we may see the return of E6 films?
I dont know, all i car is if we ger Ektachrome back!

BTW...
Where is everyone, this forum seems pretty dead ATM, ive uploaded a post with a photo and it still hasnt been added by the administrator. This forum seems to also be a target for spammers.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:18 AM

KR4myF2AS is on a distinguished road

As of this moment, EK will continue to manufacture film in Rochester, NY. The selling of same will be done by a third party. Insofar as a resurrection of E6, don't hold your breath (I am not holding mine...).

I, too, am also a little astonished at the drop off/lack of interest in this site (spammers and new "members" from Vietnam aside). I offered up 100 rolls of KM/KR, etc. to Dan over a month ago (gratis) but received no response; I kept a brick of the last runs of KM and KR as well as iterations of the packaging used over the last three decades and donated the remainder to a "mad scientist" ( a fellow APUGer) for the cost of postage and a donation to APUG. I am kind of disappointed, but not surprised: as a working artist, I suspect Dan does spend a lot of time chasing business (God, I am so glad I gave up the profession two-plus decades past!!!!!!!!).
Old 07-26-2013, 03:32 PM

nzoomed is on a distinguished road

Im having good results with the new Wittnerchrome 200D
See the thread below, its the same stock that Rollei digibase CR200 is made from, except this doesnt have the horrible yellowing like has been reported, it is grainier than E100g, but has the same neutral colours as E100g, its good to see another E6 film available that can be used if nothing else.
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/1...llei-digibase-
cr200-12.html
Old 08-02-2013, 02:06 AM

lxdude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzoomed View Post
Im having good results with the new Wittnerchrome 200D
See the thread below, its the same stock that Rollei digibase CR200 is made from, except this doesnt have the horrible yellowing like has been reported, it is grainier than E100g, but has the same neutral colours as E100g, its good to see another E6 film available that can be used if nothing else.
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/1...-cr200-12.html
Bad link fixed
Old 10-02-2013, 10:53 AM

The latest word from Kodak Alaris (the British pension arm of the former Kodak UK) is that current film offerings will continue. However, in the usual weasel language one gets from press releases, current offering are subject to review ( i.e. if particular emulsions don't sell....). On the upside, at least we still have some EK films to shoot...
Old 10-05-2013, 04:31 PM

RichardE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR4myF2AS View Post
The latest word from Kodak Alaris (the British pension arm of the former Kodak UK) is that current film offerings will continue. However, in the usual weasel language one gets from press releases, current offering are subject to review ( i.e. if particular emulsions don't sell....). On the upside, at least we still have some EK films to shoot...
I feel a little more optimistic that the present (relatively small) range of Kodak films may well be safe, at least for a few years.

And, maybe coincidence, but I seem to have spotted quite a few serious analogue users while out-and-about this year, more than for some time.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardE View Post
I feel a little more optimistic that the present (relatively small) range of Kodak films may well be safe, at least for a few years.

And, maybe coincidence, but I seem to have spotted quite a few serious analogue users while out-and-about this year, more than for some time.
I, too, have noticed the same when out shooting the past summer. Curious, however, is the demographic: film shooters have either been the younger crowd (sub-25, if I were to guess) or the boomers (45-plus). Those in the middle were apparently seduced by the digital genie...
Old 11-02-2013, 10:19 AM

As a follow-up to an earlier post, the following is a Q/A posted recently (six weeks ago?) by the "new" Kodak Alaris. Still no financials and/or product updates disclosed...

Interested? Have a look at:

http://www.kodak.com/ek/US/en/NewCo_..._Questions.htm
Old 11-04-2013, 05:46 AM

RichardE is on a distinguished road

I think, on balance, the Q&A are better news for film.
Clearly no company is going to commit to continuing a product indefinitely if or when sales have fallen permanently to unprofitable levels.
OTOH, I think that the new company may take a more considered approach to future products and projects....I felt that EK management in the last few years were just chasing around in a panic trying to stem losses, cutting products with no thoughts of trying to turn them into profitability, and branching out into "me-too" activities, again with no long term plans.