kodachromeproject.com Forums  

Go Back   kodachromeproject.com Forums > Kodachrome, Lab Tips & Quality Control

Old 09-23-2014, 04:46 AM

nzoomed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmboycu View Post
*Sigh* Are there any of us still holding out hope?
I was, i bought 20 rolls after reading klittlegraphy's post back in 2010.
Anyway, ive since sold most of them on ebay and made a profit, ive kept a couple of rolls incase something comes out of it, it seems easier to sell kodachrome on ebay than it does with ektachrome, so people must be stockpiling it for some reason.

We are down to 2 manufacturers producing E6 film, Agfa in Belgium gurantee it will be available for at least 3 years, and when ferrania restart E6, we will have 3 manufacturers producing the stuff which is good to hear.

Anyway, we should try and contact klittlegraphy and see if he needs any help, he said he was involved in a building project and was busy with that, a kickstarter sounds like a good idea.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:16 PM

And also check here at http://www.agfa.com/sp/global/en/int...List/index.jsp

Im pretty confident that some of those chemicals listed can work for kodachrome or can form the correct couplers if someone experienced in chemistry can get hold of these chemicals.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:08 AM

pharmboycu is on a distinguished road

That's going to be the sticking point: those of us who have the desire to see this product revived lack the knowledge of chemistry required to see it through while those of us who have the required knowledge lack the desire. That's not a critique on *anyone,* just an observation.

I'm hoping that one day Kittlegraphy might pop on here and surprise us all by saying he's got it up and running, but given the immensity of the task and the publicity as it will generate... as much as I dearly want to shoot Kodachrome, I wouldn't blame him if he shelved the project.

In the meantime, I've shot my first roll of Digibase CR200 and I'm working on trading some of my stash with someone who likes E100VS better than E100G. I just bought my first rolls of Portra 160 and 400... not really a fan of C41 films, but I figure I better start trying some. Ektar is nice, and I use it a lot... but it just doesn't "trip my trigger" like E100G. Can't deal with Kodak Gold or Fuji *anything.*

I can't really say I've found a B&W film I like yet, other than Panatomic X... which isn't made anymore either... Hahaha!

I may be left with the D7000 and DXO Labs to make things sorta look like Kodachrome and Ektachrome... such a shame!
Old 10-13-2014, 06:11 PM

KevK is on a distinguished road
Default Kickstarter

If you get the chance to get the chemistry, consider a Kickstarter project. I saw a story on dpreview.com about over $250,000 being raised to restart film production using equipment from a defunct Italian film manufacturer. Here is the link:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/747...-movie-formats

and the web link to the Ferrania project

http://www.filmferrania.it/#home-section
Old 11-07-2014, 04:10 AM

I have been thinking that Film Ferrania may be your best bet on producing the chemistry for kodachrome, im sure they will be able to do this, if We hear back from Klittlegraphy and if ferrania were willing to help, this could be a good go ahead for a kickstarter to fund the project.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:18 PM

denim is on a distinguished road
Default Maybe

https://shootfilmco.com/blogs/shoot-...olor-seriously