kodachromeproject.com Forums  

Go Back   kodachromeproject.com Forums > Main Category > Kodachrome, The Film

Old 08-06-2015, 08:34 AM

RichardE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzoomed View Post
Film Ferrania would be our only hope for producing any K14 chemistry, and Dave Bias did not say "no" when asked on the APUG thread, however he would have to talk to their team of chemists to see how easy it would be and they have alot on their plate right now.

Either way, if they could get their hands on a working K-lab, that would be your best best for K-14 processing to happen and perhaps a kickstart fund for getting it off the ground.

Whether or not they ever produce a kodachrome like film remains to be seen, but i see them introducing new and exciting films from their archive of forgotten formulas. I would be happy to send my fillm to italy for processing if they ever did reproduce a kodachrome "copy" however.
As a Kickstarter contributor to Ferrania, I'll be more than satisfied if they succeed in overcoming all their problems and create successful E6 films, with possibly supporting processing services. I'm sure it will work out, given time, but, much as I would love to see a Kodachrome copy, I think it would be a big mistake if they tried to diversify into any other films until they have a solid business base.
And, even if anyone did produce a Kodachrome-copy, it can be no more than a copy and is unlikely to match the characteristics of the original product....remembering also that many people alleged that there were visible differences in Kodachrome produced in the various Kodak factories, e.g. USA, France and UK.
Old 03-10-2017, 03:07 PM

KR4myF2AS is on a distinguished road

Re: People still buying Kodachrome on ebay. Possibly a couple of reasons can be suggested: 1). Nostalgia (that, like other EK memorabilia, the hope that Kodachrome film itself eventually has collectible value); 2). Folks wanting "cheap" film to experiment with; 3). Diehard types still awaiting word from Kittlegraphy; and 4). Folks taking EK's recent announcement that Ektachrome will be returning and that the company was studying the case for Kodachrome (more likely that pigs will fly, however...) as well.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:15 PM

wlodekmj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR4myF2AS View Post
Re: People still buying Kodachrome on ebay. Possibly a couple of reasons can be suggested: 1). Nostalgia (that, like other EK memorabilia, the hope that Kodachrome film itself eventually has collectible value); 2). Folks wanting "cheap" film to experiment with; 3). Diehard types still awaiting word from Kittlegraphy; and 4). Folks taking EK's recent announcement that Ektachrome will be returning and that the company was studying the case for Kodachrome (more likely that pigs will fly, however...) as well.
The diehards in your point 3) are also hoping against hope that maybe someone else will process at least a few Kodachromes. Even if the dyes are not stable, getting a roll processed and scanning it would make some of us very happy, so we are buying a few. In my case, I missed one roll intended to be shipped in my last batch sent to Dwayne's and it has been in my freezer ever since next to a few purchased and waiting forlornly for the above.

Last edited by wlodekmj; 05-21-2017 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Added an extra remark.