kodachromeproject.com Forums  

Go Back   kodachromeproject.com Forums > Kodachrome, Scanning and Output

Old 08-22-2011, 01:22 PM

KR4myF2AS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Kodachrome View Post
Here is some interesting info someone is trying on APUG, look at post 3002.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/6...-film-301.html
Rather an encouraging bit of information; thanks for bringing it to the attention of the true believers! This is, I would suggest, why it is so critical to make folks aware of the existence of the Kodachrome Wiki: we might get things moving a lot quicker by expanding the opportunities for dialogue. As well, we would, of course, eliminate redundancies, encourage a bit of collaboration, etc.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:27 AM

nzoomed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Kodachrome View Post
Here is some interesting info someone is trying on APUG, look at post 3002.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/6...-film-301.html

very interesting indeed,
are these actually real k-14 couplers, or an alternative set of chemicals?
The post i was reading below stated that the following k-14 couplers are:

Cyan: CD-4 + C-16
Magenta: CD-3 + M-38/CZA
Yellow: CD-6 + Y-55

if thats the case, how easy are those chemicals to obtain?
It appears that they are just a mixture of 2 different photochemicals, but im not sure how common they are, and the mixing ratios may be a problem too.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:42 AM

KR4myF2AS is on a distinguished road

NZ,

Are you a member of APUG? If you are, the fellow to talk to is "PE," the retired EK photo engineer. He is the individual who is "Yoda" to the individuals attempting to restart processing. I am not sure if he is bound to any rules of non-disclosure as a former employee; he may not be able to provide specific answers outright, but he seems to have no hesitation (simple generousity, perhaps?) in guiding the efforts to date (i.e. He did correct the CD4/CD6 error that the fellow in the post you mentioned above had made). As well, you may want to contact some of the "mad scientists" themselves. Like this forum, APUG, too, has a lot of interested, generous and knowledgable people on board. If you are not an APUG member, join up! The forum offers an opportunity to expand your knowledge of all things photographic.
For my part, I am merely an enthusiastic supporter of this effort. With some 140 rolls of KM, KR, PKR and KL deep-frozen, I have an obvious interest in seeing this effort succeed (It would be a shame to shoot this magnificent film as B/W!). As well, given the thousands of unused rolls out there, and the interest as shown on the K-lab thread....

Last edited by KR4myF2AS; 09-13-2011 at 09:44 AM. Reason: formatting correction
Old 09-16-2011, 04:36 PM

nzoomed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR4myF2AS View Post
NZ,

Are you a member of APUG? If you are, the fellow to talk to is "PE," the retired EK photo engineer. He is the individual who is "Yoda" to the individuals attempting to restart processing. I am not sure if he is bound to any rules of non-disclosure as a former employee; he may not be able to provide specific answers outright, but he seems to have no hesitation (simple generousity, perhaps?) in guiding the efforts to date (i.e. He did correct the CD4/CD6 error that the fellow in the post you mentioned above had made). As well, you may want to contact some of the "mad scientists" themselves. Like this forum, APUG, too, has a lot of interested, generous and knowledgable people on board. If you are not an APUG member, join up! The forum offers an opportunity to expand your knowledge of all things photographic.
For my part, I am merely an enthusiastic supporter of this effort. With some 140 rolls of KM, KR, PKR and KL deep-frozen, I have an obvious interest in seeing this effort succeed (It would be a shame to shoot this magnificent film as B/W!). As well, given the thousands of unused rolls out there, and the interest as shown on the K-lab thread....
No im not a member yet, but will probably join up.
Yes, i have been following some of his posts and he mentions that it should gracefully retire, but on the other hand says we should start discussing a "pheonix effect" way of processing it! lol
Well its quite obvious to me that it will never be the same as the original k14 process, but that doesnt really bother me, from the sounds of things, the results will be similar to the original kodachrome from what i was reading there.

Anyway, did you get the PM i sent you regarding the person who has made a film about the space shuttle on Kodachrome?

I am along the same lines as you, im a mere supporter trying to help the effort into finding a way to develop the film, infact, i only bought the 19 rolls of kodachrome film after reading Klittlegraphy's thread here!
I have only just got interested in film photography again after this demise in kodachrome film, im really killing myself that i didn't shoot any of the stuff when i had a chance, i guess i the only option i have is to play around with some E6 films in the meantime once i get another SLR camera.

In the meantime i will try and get people on APUG to contribute to the wiki

Last edited by nzoomed; 09-16-2011 at 09:06 PM.