kodachromeproject.com Forums  

Go Back   kodachromeproject.com Forums > Kodachrome, The History and the Era

Old 09-06-2010, 02:37 PM

ibenedeti is on a distinguished road
Default Kodachrome: In memoriam

In 2005, when Kodachrome 40 was discontinued in Super 8, I filmed this very short movie as tribute to the beautifulls colours of this system (foreword text in spanish, but the short movie is whitout narration, only with the Kodachrome song, of Paul Simon. Thanks for looking. Ignacio

http://www.ibcinema.com/ib2006/video/kodachrome.html
Old 10-17-2010, 09:35 AM

Chris Sweetman is on a distinguished road

Hi Ignacio

I am surprised no one has left any comments here.

This is just a beautiful presentation and before the end I had tears in my eyes. Suddenly there was the realisation that the end is indeed nigh for Kodachrome.

Ignacio what you have filmed here must be typical of the use that Kodachrome cine film was used for originally. For moving pictures there has been a mass migration starting many years ago with video tapes and continuing today with digital technology.

The first video cameras were clumsy devices and weighty! Requiring massive battery packs to keep them going. Compare these with Super 8 film cameras and one wonders why no one kept the faith with film! Now to do a movie all one needs is a suitable mobile phone or a compact camera!

All my moving images are shot with a Canon PowerShot G9. I never went the film route but I did consider buying a secondhand Bolex H16 film camera from a local photography shop in the late 1980's. I sometimes wonder what would have happened if I did purchase said camera.

Cheers Chris
Old 01-16-2011, 06:09 PM

womble is on a distinguished road

Lovely little movie nicely put together. I am only a still shooter but I enjoyed this little movie.

Thanks, Kris.