kodachromeproject.com Forums  

Go Back   kodachromeproject.com Forums > Kodachrome, The History and the Era

Old 02-23-2011, 02:21 PM

ibenedeti is on a distinguished road
Default Question about Kodachrome 25 in super-8

Many years ago, I have readed in the british magazine Movie Maker that Kodachrome 25 daylight was avaible in super-8 cartridges in early 70s, for sale only in United States and Canada (in Europe Kodak only sold Kodachrome 40 tungsten balanced). Could someone tell me how many years was available Kodachrome 25 daylight in super8 cartridges? Many thanks. CINEcerely, Ignacio Benedeti
Old 02-24-2011, 03:43 AM

RichardE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibenedeti View Post
Many years ago, I have readed in the british magazine Movie Maker that Kodachrome 25 daylight was avaible in super-8 cartridges in early 70s, for sale only in United States and Canada (in Europe Kodak only sold Kodachrome 40 tungsten balanced). Could someone tell me how many years was available Kodachrome 25 daylight in super8 cartridges? Many thanks. CINEcerely, Ignacio Benedeti
I don't have a definitive answer, but could you perhaps be thinking of the Kodachrome 25 daylight, with super-8 perforations which was supplied on longer camera spools, rather then in cartridges?
My late Father was a cine user, and, looking at his old camera brochures and notes, I believe that the basic idea of the super-8 cartridge was to use one type of film (tungsten balanced), while the cameras had an internal daylight-to-tungsten filter, which was automatically removed when a movie-light was clipped on.
Fuji single-8 was different as, while the film size and perforations were the same, their film was supplied in separate daylight and tungsten versions.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:58 PM

andy o is on a distinguished road

Hi, k25 was available in 100ft loads with super 8 perfs for use in double super 8 camera's. In the last year of kodachrome i purchased on ebay re-packaged k25 in super 8 cartridges. As far as I'm aware Kodak never produced daylight balanced kodachrome stock in super 8 cartridges. DS-8 k25 was available, last batch being either 2003 or 2004 cannot remember now... Cheers
Andy
Old 11-10-2011, 01:18 AM

RichardE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy o View Post
Hi, k25 was available in 100ft loads with super 8 perfs for use in double super 8 camera's. In the last year of kodachrome i purchased on ebay re-packaged k25 in super 8 cartridges. As far as I'm aware Kodak never produced daylight balanced kodachrome stock in super 8 cartridges. DS-8 k25 was available, last batch being either 2003 or 2004 cannot remember now... Cheers
Andy
"double super 8" - would this be similar to the old Standard-8 film, i.e. 16mm wide and run through the camera twice, then slit after processing?
Old 11-11-2011, 02:27 PM

sweitzel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sweitzel

That's correct. I believe the most common DS8 camera were Bolexes converted to DS-8